Jun 10, 2009

I wanna prove my laziness!

So where were we? Oh yes, Talking about being lazy. Sorry, I just was lazy yesterday to explain the whole thing. And am not saying that I’ll be telling you everything today either. Well, to compromise with my laziness, I’ll tell you all those events one by one – day by day. Okay?!.. Oh, I believe there is no other option.
Here we will continue our discussion.


What do you thing is the least thing what certifies you to be lazy – or a quitter? For me one ultimate proof is to skip your examinations. Don’t you think that is? Yes, of course. I thought you will say that. Well, you will come to know why am stating this now when we continue our discussion.


Huh, am making a confession here dude. I did skip my examinations. Not once or twice and again not thrice but many times. While I say I skipped, I don’t mean that I didn’t write those. It’s just that, when am in for writing those and after writing two or three lines I get the laziness filled in my head flow throughout my body and I just won’t write anything more. Even if I know the answers I feel like there is no need to write them. Before every exam I am going to take, I tell myself to do well but end up getting out as early as possible. It’s definitely not fear of examinations. 


But what is it? I had been asking this question ever since I began skipping exams. How odd? Odd, because I haven’t any answer for that question. And now am sure to come up with an option for an answer! Yes, yes, it’s the block made of the thought of changing myself. And the time I realized the truth was/is too late. I skipped my end semester examinations and am waiting for the supplementary examinations. Even am sure about having to redo two courses. And I want to have a good life with all my skills. And as of now I expect this to be done without having to use them. I know how silly it may sound to you people. But think about that idea! How thinkable! Isn’t it?


Well, that is not the right thing. And am determined not to repeat that. The problem is – I have determined the same, many times before.


Is it fair? I have always had this feeling that I am going down the dirty road of living. Always felt guilty about that. And it was this thought of changing my habits which was in my mind at all times. And because of this thought dominating my mind I was never able to focus on anything. First of all I believe it was because of this thought that I began skipping exams.


‘How could that be?’, you might ask. Yeah, I owe you an explanation. When I was doing my degree in Computer Science, I seldom studied but managed to come up with decent scores. I am not a guy who can sit and study, even for at least one hour, which is decent but not enough. I wouldn’t even study the day before examinations! And one day I felt bad about that attitude of mine and decided to change that. Then this thought of changing was the only thing my mind and I couldn’t study or at least read my chapters, even if wanted to. The reason was that each and every time I try studying for the sake of it this thought arises which says ‘Hey, you can’t do this to yourself! You have decided to change and you are trying to study, but this is not the way to do that. You have to put more effort and work hard to change your attitude!’, and then the thought of studying diminishes and the thought of changing comes up glowing. I feed my conscience with the honey that oozes from that thought; not knowing what it does really is to weaken my conscience.


If you ask me, to state one of the several reasons that could have led me to be lazy and to skip my exams, I would say the ‘genes’ played the tough role of a thug. Well, my father skipped his board examinations when he was studying business management in an industrial training institution and ended up running his family business, later ran a bakery and after that is now running an event management group and along with that a medical shop of Ayurvedic medicines.


I don’t want to end up like him, stuck at my home town, but what I felt is I can’t do anything about that! It doesn't mean I don’t like what he does. I respect him because he provides up food and money and the care we need.


When this idea of changing me proved to be futile, I thought I can’t change and that pushed me down further making me even weaker than I could possibly have become before the thought of changing came into my mind. I forgot the fact that I am superior to what my thoughts are and that is what happens to most of us. Instead of making my mind understands what it has to do is to facilitate me to study well, I gave focus on changing myself! Doesn’t it sound ridiculous?


Yes, it is ridiculous. Just think, if you felt this, how stupid I felt about myself? Recently I came across a more feasible way to train my mind. A concept called ‘neuroplasticity’. No, no plastic surgery or such stuff. It is just re-training your brain.


Neuroplasticity says, thinking and engaging in activity can physically alter the brain. Ohho, I know that. Think about change and the brain is altered to think only about changing and only some other necessary things labeled ‘You know what’! And if you train your mind how to study it will get tuned to study. And folks, am going to try that now.


I will continue with this in the following days and friends please come every other day to check out my posts and do comment on them. Thank you. So long.

No comments:

Post a Comment